Friday, February 3, 2012

Winged Eyeliner


 Recently, I had the extra time (and extra sleep!) to be able to do this look: the winged eyeliner.
For this look, I used the BH Cosmetics gel liner in Onyx, and N-Y-C pencil liner, and a little Rimmel Mascara.
After doing my foundation/coverup routine (to achieve a slightly dewy look, while controlling the shine), I applied the gel liner with a liner brush, starting with a narrow line at the inner corner and gradually thickening towards the outermost corner of the eye.  Next, I use the liner brush to make a small line making about a 120degree angle away from the nose and on the horizontal line of the eyes.  I then connected the tip of that small line to the center of the top lashline and filled in any open space within the triangle.  Once the gel line was complete (touchup with a moist Q-tip or moist wipe/tissue folded to a sharp point) I used the black N-Y-C pencil liner to trace along the waterline of the lower lashes- all the way to the innermost corner of the eye.  And last, with the mascara, I applied one coat to the top lashes and a gently pressed the bristles of the mascara wand to the base of the outermost lashes on the bottom lashline.  Of course, after I was done applying makeup, I touched up any areas around the eye where things might have smudged, made sure my foundation was still in tact, and applied chapstick.  And voilà: my best winged eyeliner yet!




If you would like to see a video tutorial for this look, or have anything to say/questions to ask in response, please share it in the comments section below.
Thanks!


Bisoux <3



**because the makeup is so glam, I decided to do fun hair as well: a sleek ballet bun on the top of my head fastened with bobby pins and flyaways kept in place via my eyebrow brush and a teensy weensy spritz of hairspray ;) **

No comments:

Post a Comment