Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
- Before anything else, wash your hands and make sure you are using clean tweezers!
- Use a gentle face wash around the eyebrow area before (to remove excess oils n the face) and after (to keep newly exposed pores/follicles clean and clear) tweezing.
- Mark the shape/area that you want to tweeze with a white, chalky make-up pencil.
- Avoid tweezing the topside of your eyebrow (aside from a single hair that may grow from much higher than the rest), but rather use that shape and natural curve to tweeze the underside.
- Tweeze hairs one at a time to avoid accidentally removing too many and being left with an awkward bare patch.
- Do not tweeze too close to the mirror! You ar more likely to overpluck and, because you are focused so cloely on a single brow, are also very ikely to pluck two different shapes. This will only cause you to have to stress about evening and how you will cover up your mistakes- so take a step back!
- Having trouble getting rid of some of those smaler hairs? Try dipping the tips of your tweezers in baby powder or your mineral make-up powder o provide a stronger grip.
- It's silly to have to say this, but there are some people who don't know that you should never try to shave or use a razor to "remodel" the shape of your eyebrows or if you are a first time tweezer and have a lot of work to do.
- After tweezing, if the eyebrow area is red or irritated, rest a cold compress, cucumber slices, or chilled green tea bags on he irritated area(s) to soothe and reduce irritation.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
For anyone who watches MTV, you are probably well aware that the finale of The Hills is on tomorrow night! While the main idea around which the show is based is to show the "real" people of Hollywood/"The Hills", it also does an excellent job of providing an alterior souce as the inspiration for many girl/women's wardrobes!
As the show coes to an end, check out MTV's website and watch some reruns or look through their pictures of The Hills and be inspired! But while you are finding inspiration, remember that the cast has the money to buy designer clothes. By being inspired, you aren't taking the exact outfit, but rather finding a look that you love and making it your own with pieces that you ind in your own price range or with pieces that you borrow from your girlfriends! Have a favorite look from The Hills? Comment about it here!