Friday, June 25, 2010
Origami pleats ae finding their ways across necklines and aound waists, haning onto our hems and hanging in our closets. They are a chic and futuristic look, comparable to none for their sharp and distinct form.
But beware: origami pleats are very memorabe, so they are best worn at big events where you want to stand out and not to work (because then you will have to keep track of when you wore each piece, in avoidance of overwearing the look)!
Friday, June 4, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
This is the first blog for Buttons and Bouquets! A modest start with a simple page and salutation, yes, but I have some big goals for this site. The short term goal is that this blog will be an inspiration for many. However, my long-term goal is to build up my name and a following of fashion-lovers (like myself) that will be there when I start my own fashion line. You heard it here- this is my first step in becoming a well-known designer...but in the lightest sense of the word because I'm not trying to be the next Chanel or Valentino :)
What To Expect From B+B
- France ♥♥♥ (France- je t'aime)
- Valentino (elegant but not too costume-y. his work just feels like glamour!)
- Television Shows like The Hills/The City, Gossip Girl, LIVE! with Regis and Kelly, among countless others (Kudos to the stylists!)
- Nature (colors combinations, structure of flower petals, light v. dark, etc.)
- School (you never know what you're going to see!)
- Magazines (from TeenVogue to Seventeen to Living to Bon Appetit!, I can find inspiration on almost any page of a magazine)
- Our Beloved Pop Culture! I love the style of so many starts, but my favorites are: Emma Watson, LAuren Conrad, Paris Hilton, Amanda Seyfreid, Whitney Port, Emma Roberts, Camilla Belle, Alexa Chung, and (again) so many more!
I hope that you will for now and always appreciate fashion, even if you don't follow this blog. It is such a fantastic mode of self-expression and it is so fun o se how it is always changing.
♥les semble plus lisse, plus forts les esprits, plus doux coeurs♥